Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hey There. Hi.

So much for updating every week...


It's like trekking all the way through the burning lands of Mordor to find out the great red eye is taking a smoke break....well, ok, maybe not all that...but close. You've been showing up but I haven't been updating.

Lately I have been putting all my creative drive into my first novel The Spark. After catching the Stewie-Brian "how's that book coming along" bit a few times I knew I had to push all projects aside and focus.

Which kind of sucks because I've had a few other wild ideas I've neglected to share in the meantime.


Like, why is all the good Valentines schwag gone by the 1st of February? WTF is up with that? I was literally in CVS on the 1st and the shelves looked barren.


There were Valentines squids, hissing-heart adorned possums and the few teddy bears that remained looked like they limped out of the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. Some missing limbs, some carrying them.

It isn't as if I waited to the absolute last minute.Valentines Day was two weeks away and already the stores had replaced the teddy bears with Easter Bunnies and the heart shaped chocolates with Peeps. 

The new way of the world; the ongoing, ever bolder encroachment of one holiday onto the next. Its why you hear Jingle Bell Rock on the friggin' radio in early November.

I propose a push back. If you are picturing turkeys chasing elves back into December then you are beginning to see what this would mean. War of the Holiday Icons. COMING SOON!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment